Pages

Saturday 24 September 2011

Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel

If you suffer from slightly congested skin like mine, or perhaps it's a little bumpy, has rough patches, or generally needs an all over brightening and pick-me-up, you might want to consider using an at-home peel on top of your usual beauty routine. 

I've repurchased this product a few times over the years as a special treat. It's designed to not only resurface the skin by using lactic and salicylic acids to exfoliate, but also to deliver Vitamin C and peptides into the skin to brighten it. 



It comprises of two products - a pot of bright orange citrus smelling 'crystals' and a bottle of activating gel. 


First of all you massage the crystals on your face for up to 60 seconds. This part is quite pleasant as they feel very smooth and I find the orangey scent quite nice.



Next you add the clear activating gel over the top of the scrub particles. It instantly turns to foam, warms up and gets to work removing those old skin cells and revealing the fresh new ones underneath. You leave this part on for up to 3 minutes. I leave it for the full amount of time, and for the first minute it can feel slightly uncomfortable as the product warms up and makes the skin tingle. The discomfort quickly recedes however, and when I wash the product off (albeit with some difficulty - I recommend getting straight in the shower and using a soft washcloth to remove it as the scrubby particles stick on and won't come off!) I am left with smooth, radiant skin. 

The smoothness is still there a few days later. I can see a definite change in brightness, which must be the Vitamin C. 

It's recommended to use this weekly. It's quite an expensive product IMO, at £59.00, but I can get about 15 uses out of it so that is not bad spread out over almost 4 months. 

I'm not sure how a product you use at home like this compares to a micropeel treatment within a salon. If anyone has had one done in a spa I would love to know what you thought of it! 

No comments: